Things to see and do in and around Mollymook
The charming seaside village of Mollymook’s best asset is its pristine 2km beach and sparkling clean waters. But look a little further afield and you’ll discover so much more. From the harbour port of Ulladulla to historic rural Milton and beyond, this stretch of coast is littered with spectacular beaches, inspiring national parks and enchanting villages just waiting to be explored.
From freshly shucked oysters, and fish straight off the boats, to gourmet cheeses and wine straight from the cellar door; this stretch of coastline is foodie heaven. Wander down the road to try out one of the local restaurants, or buy up some gourmet goodies in town and enjoy your feast while watching whales from the deck.
- Tallwood Eatery in Mollymook is a tapas bar with a relaxed coastal vibe with great coffee in the morning and big, interesting flavours at night.
- With sprawling ocean views and a passion for seafood, Rick Stein at Bannisters, is a must visit.
- For a more laid back experience Bannisters Rooftop Bar and Grill has a delicious line up of Mediterranean and Australian influenced food, and killer cocktails. Live music on Sundays from 4pm.
- Tucked behind the hills of Milton, Cupitt’s Winery is a microbrewery, fromagerie, winery and restaurant with exceptional views.
- In the hills of Milton, St Isidore is an award winning restaurant serving contemporary dishes based on the best local produce in season. They received a coveted one hat by the SMH Good Food Guide in 2016 and 2017.
- Flour Water Salt Organic Sourdough Café in Milton Amazing coffee, outstanding bread and delicious pies, sausage rolls and pastries.
- Native Cafe is a trendy café in Ulladulla with excellent coffee and a healthy seasonal menu be head chef Adam Kann.
- An easy 10 minute drive away, in the old dairy factory at Woodstock is Milk Haus. Delicious, preservative free wholefoods in a charming casual café setting.
From its majestic coastline to its inspiring green hinterland, the Shoalhaven region is an embarrassment of riches. Using Mollymook as your base, explore the magnificent beaches of Jervis Bay, go hiking in spectacular national parks, play on an 18-hole championship course or explore the enchanting historic villages of Milton and Ulladulla.
- Whale and dolphin watching on a cruise out of Huskisson or while eating breakfast at ‘Ala Moana’
- Explore the coastal walks
- Ala Moana provides complementary bikes to explore Mollymook, Narrawallee and the surrounding coastline.
- Go Swimming or snorkeling at the Bogey Hole – a large tidal rock pool located on Mollymook Headland at the southern end of the beach.
- Play golf at the beautiful Mollymook Golf Course with spectacular ocean views
- Explore the scenic South Coast: Jervis Bay and the Marine Park are only a 45 minute drive away
- Go Fishing with Ulladulla Deep Sea Fishing Charters.
- Learn to Surf at Mollymook Beach Surf school.
- Take the family for a trail ride at Timbertops Horse Riding, just 20mins south of Mollymook
- Get a Massage from Heather at Heather’s Healing Hands in Ulladulla
- Get pampered at Sundara Beauty Salon and Day Spa in Milton or at the luxurious Bannisters Day Spa in Mollymook
- Catch a live show at Milton Theatre
- See a movie at Arcadia Twin Cinemas – Ulladulla
- Take the kids to an indoor funpark – Funland Ulladulla
- See an exhibition of local artists at Millhouse Gallery, Milton
Whether you need to stock the fridge for the weekend, or could happily spend an afternoon exploring the antiques stores of Milton or surf shops of Ulladulla, nothing is too far away.
- IGA in Mollymook on Tallwood Ave is open 7 days for all your grocery needs. For late night snacking stays open until midnight, every day of the year.
- Mollymook Fine Wines and Ales and Milton IGA Liquor both have a great selection of beer, wine, ciders and spirits.
- For kitchen ware, homewares and jewellery visit Basque Country or Home at Last in Milton.
- For all your surf needs try Akwa Surf in Milton, or Southern Man in Ulladulla
- The Ulladulla Wharf Markets are on the 2nd Sunday each month with craft, produce and specialty stalls. They usually have a jumping castle and face painting for the kids.
- The Milton Showground markets are the first Saturday of each month and Easter Saturday.
- Milton is a treasure trove of antique stores. Try Revival Antiques and 20th Century Design, Turnbull Bros Antiques or Marlborough Antiques and Furniture Restoration.
View our rates & bookings
Learn more about our rates and view the availability calendar.
What a wonderful weekend away – the pictures do not do this place justice! The views were beyond belief and just a few steps to the serene beach. We watched dolphins playing from the beautiful deck – so relaxing, and so quiet. Terri and John have thought of everything from beautiful candles to the lovely hand soap and creams in the bathrooms, and the linen was divine, thick and luxurious. Loved it loved it loved it and will definitely be back.
Amazing view at a beautiful beach house
We thoroughly enjoyed a two night stay at this property. Despite the weather not being ideal we were so lucky to have chosen this property as it was so comfortable to stay in and enjoy the spectacular view. We also appreciated the direct beach access, so convenient when the sun did peak through the clouds. We would love to book again for a longer duration!
We loved staying here, and the photos just don't do the location justice. What a special place. Our hosts had thought of every detail – there was no scrimping on the beautiful bed linen, deluxe toiletries, and the kitchen was stocked with everything we needed... and all in mint condition.